Airfinity is a well funded event tech early stage company seeking to unlock the hidden value in the data of the event industry. The company has experienced enormously good market feedback and is now in a position to scale to seize a global platform opportunity.
- We’re seeking an autonomous, versatile and curious individual that is fully hands-on and can take responsibility of the data architecture.
- You are energised by the unknowns.
- You have a deep understanding of the software engineering design trade-offs.
- You feel comfortable working within an Agile principles context, but are not obsessed by any Agile methodology in particular.
- You love learning and solving problems
About the Role
- Architect, build, and own the data platform at Airfinity, under the guidance and mentorship of the Senior Data Engineer & CTO
- Proactively contribute to development and product discussions, highlighting challenges and opportunities
- Carry out complex tasks with a minimum of guidance, you also have the ability to manage multiple complex and time critical projects concurrently.
- Champion and mentor data quality best practises within the team, bringing a pragmatic data engineering culture to the table.
Required Experience & Skills
- You have a project/app that has been released to the market
- Experience ingesting and cleansing data at scale, from APIs, Datastores, or flat-files
- Experience processing data at a non-trivial scale
- Strong experience with Python and its ecosystem
- Experience with some of these technologies:
- Any RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server, et similia)
- Data analysis tools - eg SQL Query Engines (PrestoDB, Impala), OLAP & BI (Amazon Redshift)
- ElasticSearch, Kibana
- Data scraping (eg Scrapy)
- Apache Airflow
What You May Have Experience With
- Serverless architecture, Micro-services, or SOA
- Spark (RDD, SQL, DataFrames)
- A Graph Database (Titan DB or similar) or Graph computation (Spark GraphX)
- A stream processing technology, eg Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Stock options
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team
- Flexible working
- Great Apple hardware
- Cool offices in Central London and Brighton. This role can be based in either London or Brighton.