Airfinity is an event intelligence provider initially focused on tech events. Its breakthrough platform, the Event Graph™, leverages advanced information processing and machine learning to provide all parties in the event industry with new actionable insights about attendees, social engagement, sponsors and much more.
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us extract intelligence from our Event Graph™ and various data assets to deliver data-driven products for our different sets of customers.
Your primary focus will be in applying natural language processing techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Specific projects could include:
- Designing and building a system to identify the names of speakers in event descriptions.
- Finding and matching identical events across different event platforms.
- Analysing an event’s RSVPs and audience, and building a model to predict an audience member’s propensity to attend an event they have RSVP’d to.
- Selecting features, building and optimising predictive models using machine learning techniques
- Applying ensemble of nlp techniques for entity extraction
- Applying NLP techniques for entity recognition
- Support the data engineering team in productionising and operationalising prototypes
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, scikit-learn or Julia. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Experience with relational databases and data warehouses, especially PostgreSQL or Redshift
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python
- Data-oriented personality
- Proficiency in using graph query-programming languages, such as Cypher or Gremlin
- Experience processing data at a non-trivial scale
Airfinity is based in central London, and are opening a new hub in Brighton.
We have flexible working and you will be primarily based in either London or Brighton.
- Salary 60-75K negotiable depending on experience
- Equity upside.
- Cool offices in Brighton & London.
- Flexible working.
- Mature and highly ambitious culture.
- The best hardware, software and systems.
How to apply.
Please apply by sending your C.V or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don't use recruiters, please don't contact us.