101 countries will not meet any of the WHO targets by September

Posted on Aug 4, 2021

Airfinity vaccination forecasts predict 101 countries will not meet any of the WHO targets by September 2021.

The WHO have presented targets for population vaccination coverage based on income bands of countries to protect: (1) health care workers and reduce mortality (50+ yrs), (2) protect the health care system (30+ yrs), (3) reduce disease burden (20+ yrs) and (4) reduce transmission.

All countries due to meet the target to reduce transmission are Higher Income Countries (HICs).  70% of countries due to reach the target of reducing disease burden are HIC with the remaining 30% Upper Middle Income Countries (UMIC).

For example, Spain is due to reach 75% population vaccinated on 26th August 2021 while Niger will have only vaccinated healthcare workers and the high risk population by the 23rd August 2021.

For more information or if you have specific data requests, contact the team.

More Insights From Airfinity

Introducing Airfinity Biorisk: Risk Surveillance and Analytics for 160+ Infectious Diseases

Oct 10, 2022

18 million monkeypox vaccines needed to protect most at risk, 85 million to protect wider gay community and health workers

Aug 25, 2022

Sales of COVID-19 antiviral pill Paxlovid to leap frog Merck’s competitor Molnupiravir

Jul 25, 2022

COVID-19 vaccines sales to bounce back with new jabs taking a fifth of the 2022 market

Jul 15, 2022

AstraZeneca and Pfizer/BioNTech saved over 12 million lives in the first year of vaccination

Jul 13, 2022

Global wastage of COVID-19 vaccines could be 1.1 billion doses

Jul 11, 2022